Sarah Bean Smith
- Criminal Defense
- Restoration of Rights
- Social Security Disability
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Wrongful Death
Before attending law school, I graduated from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga in 2010. I then moved home to Knoxville to attend Lincoln Memorial University’s Duncan School of Law. During law school, I began interning at the Blount County Public Defender’s Office which allowed me to gain experience in many different areas of criminal law. Similarly, I interned at Costner & Greene before graduating from law school in May 2013.
There is an expression that law school does not truly teach you about the practice of law. While some may argue with this statement, I find it to be true. As an attorney, I have been exposed to several different areas of practice, including: domestic, criminal, personal injury, medical malpractice and social security disability cases. Each area of the law brings unique cases and opportunities to help our clients achieve desired results. I have been involved in multiple jury trials that have allowed me to gain experience in the courtroom. However, one thing that is not unique to the area of practice, yet so very important, are the relationships built along the way. Whether your case involves criminal charges or a personal injury, the legal process is just that…a process. And that process allows me to get to know the client. And for me, that is the single greatest benefit of the legal profession.
Shortly after beginning my legal career, I moved to Maryville and married my college sweetheart, Shane Smith, a local financial advisor.
- Lincoln Memorial University, Duncan School of Law, Knoxville, Tennessee
- J.D. - 2013
- University of Tennessee Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- B.S. in Business Administration - 05/2010
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Tennessee, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee, 2016
- Maryville Junior Service League, 2015 to Present
- Tennessee Promise Mentor, 2015 to Present
- Vice President, UTC Knoxville Alumni Board, 2016 to Present
- Blount County Bar Association, 2013 to Present